How does it work?
Each Way Edge allows you to alter the place terms of your Each Way bet. You can choose to add extra places for a small decrease in price, or remove places to increase your potential return – all from within the betslip.
1. Add a Horse Racing selection to your betslip
2. Check that Edge is available on the selection
3. Click the EW checkbox
4. Add or remove places from within the betslip using the plus and minus buttons
5. See the price change as you alter the number of places
6. Place bets with your Each Way Edge applied
Other boring but essential stuff
- Applies to Sportsbook (fixed odds) Each Way singles only on selected (determined by Betfair trading team) Horse Races.
- Not available for multiples or SP singles.
- At the time of placement the odds and place terms will be updated in the betslip, highlighted in yellow, and the Each Way Edge applied message in view. Successful placement of the bet with Each Way Edge applied will be included in the bet receipt.
- The odds and place terms with Each Way Edge applied vary from the odds of the bet without Each Way Edge.
- Bets placed with Each Way Edge are eligible for Cash Out if the Cash Out icon is shown, subject to the standard Cash Out terms.
- If the number of non-runners results in a change in the standard each way terms, then the terms of the Each Way Edge bet will also be altered to reflect this. In summary:
- An EW Edge bet is an offset to normal EW terms, so if the EW terms on the market change after a withdrawal, the EW Edge terms can change too.
- E.g. if there is a market with 3 places @ 1/5 and EW Edge is used to take 4 places. If the market changes to 2 places @ 1/4 after a withdrawal, the EW Edge bet has terms of 3 places @ 1/4
- If the market place fraction changes (e.g. market changes from 3 @ 1/4 to 3 @ 1/5) then the fraction changes for EW Edge bets too
- If an EW Edge bet reverts to Win only (e.g. -1 offset on a 3 place market when the market changes to 2 places), the price after EW Edge will still be honoured (but with rule 4s applied if relevant).
- If the market drops to Win only, positive EW Edges are still EW bets.
- Bets placed with Each Way Edge applied are not eligible for Best Odds Guaranteed.
- Betfair reserves the right to suspend or disable the Each Way Edge feature at any time.